For Hall Rental Contact: Paul Rose
774-678-0479 or Onset.VFW@GMAIL.COM
The members of the Dudley L. Brown VFW Post 2846 offer their hall to members, non-members, and organizations on a first come basis. We normally require at least one month notice, but can accommodate last minute reservations if available. The following Rental Policy contains important information regarding the use of the hall. It is imperative that you read and review the items listed. Please note that we require both an application and deposit for all rentals. Check or money order is required for all fees (NO CASH).If you have any questions regarding the policy and its guidelines please contact Post Commander Richard Hagopian!
DUDLEY L. BROWN POST 2846
4 Gibbs Ball Park Road, Onset, MA02558
FUNCTION HALL / PAVILION RENTAL POLICY
1. THE FUNCTION HALL FACILITY IS TO BE USED FOR EVENTS THAT FEATURE A MEAL AS THE PRIMARY ATTRACTION
a. Whether the meal is buffet style or sit-down all guests must have a chair and table to sit down and eat.
2. THE FUNCTION HALL FACILITY IS USED FOR EVENTS THAT ARE ORGAINZED FOR THE PURPOSE OF A PRIVATE FUNCTION.
3. EACH EVENT WILL HAVE A DEFINITE STARTING AND ENDING TIME.
4. RENTING PARTY WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE HALL ONE (1) HOUR PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED FUNCTION. IF YOU NEED MORE TIME PRIOR COORDINATION IS NECESSARY.
5. TABLES AND CHAIRS ARE ARRANGED IN WELL-DEFINED AISLES IN SUCH A MANNER TO NOT IMPEDE EASY EGRESS.
6. THERE ARE NO SIGNIFICANTLY LOW LIGHTING LEVELS.
7. NO FOOD, BEVERAGES OR GUESTS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE THIRD FLOOR MEETING ROOM.
8. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR SOFT DRINKS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM VFW POST 2846 AUTHORIZED SIGNER.
9. KITCHEN USE IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF WARMING FOOD ONLY, NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF COOKING.
10. ALL FOOD, ICE, COOKING AND SERVING UTENSILS, TRASH BAGS AND CHINAWARE MUST BE FURNISHED BY THE RENTER (VFW DOES NOT SUPPLY UTENSILS OR SAID ITEMS).
11. ALL DECORATIONS MUST BE REMOVED BY THE RENTER AT THE END OF THE FUNCTION AND DISPOSED OF PROPERLY.
12. IF POLICE OFFICERS ARE NEEDED, IT WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE VFW POST 2846 AND WILL BE AT THE RENTER’S EXPENSE.
13. SMOKING POLICY: THIS IS A NO SMOKING FACILITY AND WILL BE ENFORCED. SMOKING IS ALLOWED OUTSIDE PROVIDED APPROPRIATE RECEPTACLES ARE USED FOR DISPOSAL OF SMOKING MATERIALS. ANY VIOLATION OF THIS ITEM WILL RESULT IN THE PARTICULAR PARTY BEING ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
14. NO STAPLES OR TACKS ON TABLES.
15. NO SCOTCH TAPE ON THE TABLES OR WALLS (PAINTERS TAPE ONLY).
16. DO NOT DRAG TABLES ACROSS THE FLOOR – RETURN TABLES TO ORIGINAL LOCATION.
17. NO PLASTIC OR FOIL CONFETTI (PLEASE USE PAPER).
18. NO CANDLES OR OPEN FLAMES.
19. Decorations are limited to the tables and ceiling (using provided fasteners) only. No wall decorations will be allowed and no tape will be used on ceiling or floor. Use of confetti and products such as “silly string” are prohibited inside the building and will incur an additional cleaning charge if used.
20. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE POLICY: IF ALCOHOL IS TO BE SERVED, THE RENTAL MUST INCLUDE THE USE OF THE BAR AREA, THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES WILL BE UPHELD WHETHER MEMBER, NON-MEMBER OR ORGANIZATION HALL RENTALS;
a. If required for the event services a dedicated bartender will be provided for your function. Post bartenders will serve as bartenders (no one else). A casual bar is located downstairs and is available for your use as an option. No outside beverages are to be brought into the Post.
b. Cash bar (utilizing the hall bar or casual bar) will be charged at current market prices as established by the bar manager.
c. All proceeds from the bar are to go to the Dudley L. Brown Post 2846 VFW, Inc.
d. The bartender and Post staff has full control of the bar and the serving of alcoholic beverages and may, in its sole discretion, refuse alcoholic beverage to any person or close the bar in its entirety.
Examples of organized private dining events may include organized banquets, private parties, fundraisers, wedding receptions and ceremonial banquet events, as long as all of the aforementioned characteristics exist.